Thursday, August 30, 2012

Squeezing Out the Last Bit of Summer


8/30/12 Lamy fountain pen, Noodler's waterproof ink, watercolor
I’ve always been an Autumn person: I was born in November, I love the rich, warm palette of trees turning, and I like wearing sweaters more than T-shirts. But this year, my first as a sketcher, summer is ending with a decidedly bittersweet note. As I see the first maples with tiny hints of orange and yellow on their top leaves, I can’t say I’m looking forward to the wet, cold days ahead, when sketching outdoors will be miserable, if it happens at all. I’m sure I’ll find indoor scenes to sketch, but it’s still a long time between summers. I’m squeezing every last bit out of this one.
 
At the Lake City Farmer’s Market, these two guys jammed on a guitar and two harmonicas between them – one of many summer moments I’m going to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...