Friday, October 25, 2013

Fremont Coffee Company

10/25/13 Diamine Chocolate Brown and Grey inks, Strathmore 400 (left) and
Canson Montval (right) 140 lb. papers
With its many small rooms and spaces, the Fremont Coffee Company is both a challenging interior space to sketch and a cozy place for a hot mocha on a cold, foggy morning. Several Friday sketchers ended up at the bar, where I attempted to sketch the front counter scene (below) and immediately regretted it. I had been attracted to the string of orange Halloween lights, but the general dimness and the perspective of the counter frustrated me.

After that, I moved to a small side room looking out toward the bar I had just left. Knowing Lynne’s and Carleen’s sketching styles, I figured they’d be there a while, so they were safe to sketch.

Kate usually documents our sketch gatherings, but she couldn’t make it today, so I tried my best to photograph our sketchbooks. Then we recruited a woman nearby to take a group photo, and she kindly obliged.

10/25/13 Platinum Carbon and Diamine Grey inks, Zig markers,
Strathmore 400 140 lb. paper

Left to right: Tina, Carleen, Lynne, Peggy, Nilda and (front) Natalie

1 comment:

  1. I really like that first sketch...the pose with the foot resting on the other stool. Looks like a fun place and sketching with others is so enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...