Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pac-Man Tree

3/9/14 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
If you complain long and hard enough, the rain does stop! At least it worked for me.

I knew it wasn’t going to last long, though, so I dashed out during this brief reprieve to sketch the Pac-Man tree. In the Roosevelt neighborhood just north of where the new light rail station is under construction, this evergreen’s jaws keep getting wider and wider, even as more of its limbs get cut away each year. Driving past it almost daily, I like to imagine its jaws someday chomping down on the network of power lines passing through.

2 comments:

  1. If you have snowstorms you might not have to wait for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me a "C." It looks like the tree is spelling out something. lol This is great! Glad to hear the weather improved a little for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...