Thursday, May 8, 2014

Happy Accident


5/8/14 Diamine Grey, mixed brown inks (2-min. poses)
For the two-minute poses at Gage life drawing this morning, I tried using waterbrushes filled with inks, which I usually use for shading. Although one brush had plenty of brown ink, for some reason it wasn’t flowing well (and eventually stopped flowing altogether; I guess it needs some maintenance), so it gave an unexpectedly pleasing dry-brush effect, similar to sumi ink painting. I probably can’t do it on purpose if I tried, but it was a happy accident.
5/8/14 Diamine Grey, mixed brown inks (2-min. poses)
5/8/14 Pilot Iroshizuku Take-Sumi ink, Sailor pen, Canson mixed-media paper (20-min. pose)

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! The last sketch is fantastic! Your porportions and shading are so good!! I like the sense of movement in the short poses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...