Friday, November 28, 2014

Leftovers for Lunch

11/28/14 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Canson XL140 lb. paper
Were you hoping for pie? Actually, we do have some pie left, but as I dished out some leftovers for lunch today, I decided to sketch my plate instead of pie because I figured it would be a bit more challenging. I drew the asparagus and broccoli and then started on the dressing when I realized there was nothing to “draw” – better to go straight to paint with amorphous subjects like mashed potatoes and candied yams. Who knew that sketching big blobs of starch could be so difficult! It was worse than painting clouds.

Speaking of big blobs of starch, I tried a new recipe for candied yams this year: Toffee Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole, which Greg found on the KCTS9 website. It was so sweet and yummy that we could have had it for dessert! (I used actual yams, not sweet potatoes.) This recipe is a keeper. Good thing Thanksgiving comes only once a year!

1 comment:

  1. Some foods just don't have a shape to sketch. lol Looks like a great plate! Since we went to visit family for the day we sadly have no leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...