Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Costco Gesture Sketches

12/9/14 Pilot Iroshizuku Take-sumi ink,
Canson XL 140 lb. paper
My spare reading glasses were ready at the Costco optical department, so I braved the torrential rain and pre-Christmas retail rush to pick them up. Before leaving the store, I thought it would be a good idea to make sure the prescription was right, so I sat down for a sketch at the snack area, which offers a clear view of the checkout counters.

Sipping coffee while watching the checkout lines for a few moments, I was fascinated by the endless repetitive motions the clerks go through to pick up products from the conveyor, scan the codes, put products into the carts, and hand over the receipts. I filled a few pages in my sketchbook with gesture sketches like the ones below. (I know you might think otherwise by looking at these sketches, but the glasses are fine!)
12/9/14 Pilot Iroshizuku Take-sumi ink

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny. lol Your new glasses seem like they saw those gestures perfectly. Good group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Test-driving glasses while sketching. What will you think of next? Looks like it was fun.

    Cheers --- Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...