Saturday, January 17, 2015

B.S.

1/17/15 Iroshizuku Take-sumi ink, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
Arriving at Third Place Commons a little early for a meeting this morning, I got a cup of coffee and killed those 20 minutes easily with a couple of sketches. Back in the day before I started sketching (a little more than three years ago), what was I doing to entertain myself during small idle periods like that? I can barely remember. . . I suppose I checked for messages on my smartphone, but before I had one. . . ? What was life like B.S. (before sketchbook)?

It was a whole different world – one that was less closely observed, less engaging. Certainly less entertaining.

1/17/15 Sailor Shigure ink, Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored pencil

1 comment:

  1. Great sketch of the child kneeling on the chair! What did we do before sketchbooks? I know I always had a book in the car to read if I had to wait somewhere. I'd much rather sketch!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...