Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Haller Lake Church

1/6/15 Super 5 Atlantic and Platinum Carbon inks, watercolor, Caran d'Ache Museum pencil, Canson XL 140 lb. paper

Driving home from Shoreline this morning, I took a slightly different route, and I stumbled upon a very modern-looking church – Haller Lake Baptist Church. You all know architecture is not my favorite sketching subject, especially modern architecture. Yet something about this particular church caught my attention. When I think of classic Christian church details – tall, pointy steeple, cross above, stained-glass windows – they’re all here, yet with a very contemporary interpretation. And I also couldn’t help seeing the power pole next to it, paralleling the cross. It was a composition I couldn’t resist.

(Yes, it has stopped raining! At least for today.)

1 comment:

  1. You did well with the architecture! For some reason these never look like churches to me...and my church is modern-looking like this too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...