Saturday, January 2, 2016

Red Crane at Roosevelt Station (Sketch No. 9)

12/31/15 inks, colored pencils

In my quest for a new sketching coffee shop, I tried my luck a couple days ago at Wayward Coffeehouse, which claims to be “an independent coffee haven for geeks.” It doesn’t meet all my criteria for sketching – it’s large and has plenty of geeky posters, action figures and other interesting décor, but it’s also a bit dark, and apparently geeks sleep in, because by 9 a.m., I had no victims to sketch.

But the cup of coffee wasn’t a waste, because the Wayward’s front window has a great view of Roosevelt Way at Northeast 65th Street. It had been nearly a year since I last sketched construction activity at the Roosevelt Light Rail Station. Since then, the bright yellow crane has been replaced by an even taller red one. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good view of the construction. LOL Funny that the geeks at the coffee shop sleep late.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...