Saturday, July 9, 2016

Are They Still Tuning Up?

7/9/16 ink, colored pencils
When I go to farmers markets and other free venues to sketch buskers and other musicians, I don’t expect or need the music to be good; my entertainment comes from sketching them. That said, the jazz band that performed this noon at the Shoreline Farmers Market was probably the worst we have ever heard. As we ate our lunches from the food trucks, we kept asking each other, “Are they still tuning up? Or have they started?” They sounded like they had never played together before (and, we can only hope, will never again)!

Still, who am I to criticize? My entertainment comes from the sketching, and that part was still fun.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to concentrate on your sketch since they sounded so bad. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...