Sunday, July 10, 2016

Musical Hat in Georgetown

7/10/16 ink, watercolor, colored pencils

For the second year, Urban Sketchers Seattle took part in the Georgetown Garden Walk, an annual event that culminates with music and art in Oxbow Park. While I enjoy gardens as much as the next sketcher, I knew from last year that they would be crowded and difficult to sketch in, so today I went directly to the park instead. Like last year, I couldn’t resist another sketch of at least the hat part of the legendary and historic Hat ‘n’ Boots. Even better, a jazz band was performing under the hat (and unlike my lunchtime experience yesterday, this band was fantastic)!

In addition to us sketchers, lots of plein air painters also found Hat ‘n’ Boots to be an inspiring subject. I loved looking around the park and seeing sketchbooks and easels everywhere.

7/10/16 ink, colored pencils


1 comment:

  1. Glad that you had good music this time! Love the big hat!!! It does make for a nice shady area.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...