Saturday, January 28, 2017

USk 10x10 Program Kicks Off

1/28/17 brush pen, water-soluble colored pencils
If you keep up with Urban Sketchers news, then you’re already familiar with the fantastic “10x10” workshop program that was recently announced worldwide. To celebrate Urban Sketchers’ 10th birthday, the organization is sponsoring a series of 10 workshops in each of 30 cities so far around the globe, with many more yet to be scheduled this year. If you’re lucky enough to live in or near one of those cities, it’s almost like having a mini symposium in your hometown!

Of course, Seattle – birthplace of Urban Sketchers – is on the 10x10 map, and our program kicked off this morning with a free presentation by all the local instructors. Long-time urban sketchers as well as newcomers fully packed the large classroom at the Daniel Smith store to learn more about the 10x10 workshops and meet the instructors.

OK, so my sketches are not exactly flattering, but they’re all my friends so they forgive me. 😛 In any case, I’m looking forward to the three workshops I signed up for, and I wish I could take all 10!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...