Monday, February 27, 2017

New Strategy

2/27/17 graphite, white colored pencil, Strathmore toned paper
A few weeks ago we had the first serious snowstorm of the season, which gave me an opportunity to try using gray toned paper to sketch snow. This morning we awoke to a couple of inches of accumulation, but I had a feeling it wouldn’t last (it’s 1 p.m. as I write this, and it’s almost all gone now), so I would have to do it quickly if I wanted another crack at it.


Hmmm. Pull on my boots and hat and gloves and tromp out into the still-falling snow, struggling to sketch on wet paper like last time? Or pour another cup of coffee and sketch through the bathroom window? Yeah, I like my new strategy better! J

1 comment:

  1. Painting the view through the window usually works well. This is nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...